e enjte, 26 korrik 2007

Franken Lies

Here is part of an answer to an interview that appears on Al's website.

"I tell this story about my son. Remember when the Vikes lost like 43-nothing in a playoff game against the Giants? I hate to remind everybody. So, on the Friday, my son Joe goes to school with a Chris Carter jersey on and takes all kinds of crap, of course, from his friends, but he’s — you know — a Vikings fan. So we lose 43-nothing and on Monday, he goes back to school with his Chris Carter jersey, because he’s a Minnesotan. We’re big Twins fans, too"

Except that when he went to the Twins game to do a little meet and greet and have a treat for his interns, he left at like the 5th inning. Big Twins fan my ass.

Also,

"Budgeteer: So did you just miss Minnesota because it was home, or were you thinking politically?
Franken: Kind of both. I had always considered moving back."

Ugh. At least he admits he moved back partly to be a Senator but you know what, being honest doesn't help the fact that he moved back partly to run for Senate. To say he moved back because he misses his home is silly to me, he only lived here for like 13 years when he was growing up, I really don't see how he could have that much of an attachment after living somewhere else for 30 years. Comparing 30 years of adult life in one place and raising kids there to 13 years of being a kid and calling the 13 year place home is absurd and a lie. Is his wife even from MN? They met in college so I am doubting it.

He does his best to distance himself from NYC, "I’m very embarrassed; I cannot tell you what’s on Broadway. Matter of fact, I can’t tell you what’s been on Broadway for the past 30 years. " Well duh you're straight. Very few straight guys could tell you what was on Broadway, even if they lived in NYC.


I just don't find anything he says genuine. He is not from Minnesota and should not be running for the US Senate. If he were not a celebrity, everyone would be saying, who the hell is Al Franken and why is he running for the Senate in MY state. Go home and let a real Minnesotan win this fight against Coleman, we are quite capable of taking on Republicans as slick as Norm you know. Don't need the help from some big celebrity from NYC, we got it under control.

God Jack Nelson-Pallmeyer better run. If he doesnt, I dont know what to do because Mike Ciresi bugs me due his wishy-washiness with abiding by the DFL endorsement and I refuse to work for a self-funder.

Nuk ka komente: